Thursday 30 April 2015

Royal Lake Spa Experience

Well, this is my first time writing a blog for something that I've experienced, so I choose to make my first blog about my first spa experience as well.
So, I bought 2 vouchers for Royal Lake Spa (600 each) and used it last December 2013. All the while I thought that it was a sister company of Wensha Spa which is for me a well known Spa, but then, it turns out to be not, because when we went at their Timog branch, the receptionist told us that they are not connected with Royal Lake and that the voucher is not Valid there, but fortunately, they told us that Royal Lake Spa is just a walking distance from there and so we were able to use the voucher.
The Spa looks cozy from the outside, as well as entering the spa, but since this is my first Spa experience, I can't compare it to any other Spa. And so upon entering the Spa, I gave the voucher to the receptionist and not less than 5 minutes, we (my hubby and me) were given our own locker key which can be worn as bracelet and then we were ask to change our shoes with their provided slippers.


Sorry for the pictures, it's just a shot from my not so good phone that time since I did not manage to bring camera.
Anyways, from the reception, after changing slippers, we were then told to go to 2nd floor where their locker room, sauna, shower, and jacuzzi were located (separate for boys and girls). Before we enter our designated area, we were given our own bath throb and towel. And so, I enter the girls area, first to see is the locker room, then there is a CR with some toiletries and they even added a hair blower. I found myself funny as I don't know how to use the locker key to open the assigned locker number to me (I told you, it's my first time.. haha!). But luckily, I saw one guest opening her locker by simply tapping the bracelet in the 'door knob' of the locker, and so i did it and finally got to open the locker. :)
I put all my things in the locker and change my clothes into bath throb, I went directly to the shower and take a quick bath, I then headed to jacuzzi (they have 2 jacuzzi, heated and a cold one, I choose the heated jacuzzi), luckily, there are only a few guest using it, so I don't mind being pure naked (you have to take off your bath throb even undies when in jacuzzi, but there are few guest who are wearing their bath throb on jacuzzi and that's not so nice for me), after a few minutes in the jacuzzi, on the side is where 2 sauna can be seen, I'm not sure what's the difference between the two, I just entered to the one with less people, there's a bucket of ice in there where you can get some ice and use it on you face so you can breathe and keep yourself hydrated somehow. After that, I take a quick shower again, put my bath throb on, exit girls area and waited for my hubby in front of the boys area.
Sorry, there are no pictures available, as bringing phone in the jacuzzi, sauna and shower room is prohibited since there are people naked in there.
After a few minutes of waiting, he finally arrived, we first headed in the 4th floor where the massage room for girls are, you have to get a schedule/specific time for your massage since there's a list of guest line up, I was able to get a schedule by 9pm, my hubby got the same schedule as well, massage rooms for boys are located at the 5th floor. And so we still have a 1 hour to wait for our massage so we decided to have some food first, their dining area is located at the 3rd floor, upon entering their dining section, first to see is the shabu shabu area where you can create your own shabu shabu meal in a bowl. In front of that is a room, which wall is made of glass so you can completely see what's inside, the room has tables, chairs and videoke where you can sing while eating food and drinking their unlimited free vodka (Antonov). After the shabu shabu area, there's a juice dispenser and a buffet table, right after that is their dining section where guest can eat and chat. There food was okay, shabu shabu was okay as well, not really special, but for the price that you paid, I can say it's just right.
Sorry for the pictures again..






After eating and resting for a while, we then headed in the massage room for our scheduled massage, I told my hubby to meet in the dining section whoever of us finished first.
And so, I was headed in a room with 1 bed covered with blankets and a towel on the top, there's mirror on the side of the door as well. After a few minutes, the therapist arrive and ask me to take off my bath throb and my bra and then lay down the bed. Before we start, she ask me some question, like the massage pressure I want (I said moderate/normal), if I'm okay with some stretching (I said yes) and if I want my front part (including breast) to be massage as well. (I said no to this.. hehe)
The massage was so good that I really wanted to fell a sleep and did not want it to end. But sadly, it has to end, after the massage before she exit the room, she handed me a paper to sign and ask me to write the amount of tip I wanted to give.
For the massage for boys, my hubby told me that he was ask to pick if he wants a male or female therapist and that they were three in the massage room unlike to the girls because we have our massage room.
After the massage, we headed in the videoke room located in their dining area, (there's a small videoke rooms at the 6th floor if you and your friends want to a have private sing a long get together, but I'm not sure if it has an extra charge). We get some snack and a bottle of Antonov, there are only 1 group of guest (more or less 5 people) inside and so I was not that shy to hit one song. :)
After that, we went to each locker room to change clothes and get ready to go home. It's 11pm anyways. :)
Overall, my experience was good (Since I'm not really OC and didn't know what to expect actually) and since it's my first time, it sets an standard to me and it made me search for more spa to try.
Tips:
*Royal Lake/Wensha is much better if you come in a group probably with your friends, and so you won't be alone in the jacuzzi and sauna area. Me and my hubby can only join each other in the dining area.
*They always have a promo in metrodeal and ensogo, unless you want to pay for almost 1,000 for the whole body massage, buffet and use of their facilities. (Not really bad, but I still want to wait for the voucher. :)
*Royal Lake is open 24 hours. (We arrive there by 6pm and stayed until 11pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment