Tuesday 12 May 2015

Tagaytay Getaway...!!

Hi Guys!!

I shall say that this is not my first time to go to Tagaytay, but this is my first time to plan a trip to Tagaytay which I really enjoyed cause I got to choose the place to stay and to visit! You know :), it should be affordable yet enjoyable!

So, while browsing at metrodeal, I saw a promo of Sky Ranch in Tagaytay (350 for ride all you can, 100php entrance fee is not included) which me, my hubby and our friends really wanted to try. I then call my friends and told them about it, they're game! and so I bought 4 vouchers, (for me, my hubby and our couple friends).

We planned to used it on February 21, 2015, since it's both of us couple's monthsary, and we also believed that month of February is a great time to go to Tagaytay because of the cool weather but not rainy.

As in charge, I search for a good place where we can stay for the night. My first choice was the famous 'Keni po' inn, my officemate told me that 'Keni po' is a very good place to stay in Tagaytay and that they offer affordable room prices and even have a swimming pool, but when I called Keni po a week before to book a family room (2k/night for 4 persons) they were fully booked already for our desired date. And so, I have no choice but to search for another place to stay. Most hotels that I can research was a bit expensive considering that were gonna be out for the whole day and will just be staying there for the night, while some Inn do not really impress me and I don't think we can even get a good sleep in it. I almost quit searching for a good place to stay when I came across the Facebook account of 'Daj Suites - Botique Hotel', I've read reviews and info about them and it really impress me, they've just started last 2012 and so the facilities are still new, they only have 2 floors because maybe they were still expanding, but what really amaze me is that their rates are really affordable considering its a Hotel. We book a room and luckily they still have an available, we got a room for 4 pax (2,500php/night) which includes a breakfast for 2 and an unlimited Amadeo coffee (Although I believed it's just an ordinary coffee). They allow pencil booking but to be sure, we made a 1,000 pesos downpayment. Their staff called me the day before for confirmation and even offer me a help in case we got trouble in finding the place.

And so, our adventure begin!! we left manila around 9am and got in Tagaytay around 11am, we were riding a motorcycle and did some stop over so other travel period might be different. We decided to check in the hotel first to leave some of our things and freshen up a bit. 11:30 am when the hotel's staff texted me that our room was ready, originally their check in time is 1pm but since we requested for an early check in time we got in our room by 12nn with out additional charge. They allow bringing food, drinks and liquor inside with out any corkage, and if you have friends who want to visit you in the hotel, they'll allow it as well again with no extra charges. They were not really strict, so you can really enjoy your stay.

There rooms are really impressive, what you see in the picture is what you get. Our room was on the second floor, it has a California King sized bed that can really accommodate 4 people comfortably, with 4 soft pillows and a thick blanket all in white, the room also have a 42 inches LCD tv, good aircon, some tables and chairs, toiletries, towels, bath throb, mugs with 2 coffee in a sachet, 2 cabinets and the bathroom even have a bathtub!! really impressive huh? all their rooms have bathtub with a separate shower area and toilet bowl inside the CR. The hotel also have a swimming pool, but it was not heated so we opt not to swim or else we're gonna freeze to death as it was so cold during our visit.

Here are some pictures of the hotel and our room...






For more pictures and details regarding Daj Suites, you can visit their fb account >> https://www.facebook.com/DajSuites?fref=ts

After unpacking our things, we took a quick shower and nap, we left for the Sky ranch around 2pm. It was just 5 to 10 minutes ride away from the hotel. We paid the entrance fee and go directly to their metrodeal booth to show the voucher and have a stamp. I can't remember what we rode first but we tried their Vikings and Sky eye twice! so we can experience the both with views and at night with their fancy lights all over the place.

The Vikings we're really scary, the two boys (my hubby and my friend's hubby) almost shout to death while us girls were just laughing as we can see the people at the other side of the ride almost can't breathe and their faces we're all red. hahaha!

The Sky eye was really the tallest ferries wheel in the Philippines, when you ride it on day, you'll really gonna enjoy the view as you can almost see the whole Tagaytay city up there, in night, you'll enjoy the fancy lights all over the place,although it's a bit scary as the wind blows much stronger and its shaking your cabs, it felt like you're gonna be thrown away by the wind. The Ferris wheel have a small aircon and a mellow music playing inside each cab, so you'll really enjoy riding it.

We ride almost all their available rides and I shall say its all worth it.

At their event center, there are inflated slides and race car toys where kids can enjoy playing, there are few stalls also that sells souvenirs and pasalubong, and a live band in case you and your friends just want to hang out while eating some snacks. They also have fireworks at 7pm, not sure if this is everyday or just because its Chinese new year that day.. there are also 'moving statue' that if you put money in their basket they're going to dance, act or talk.. Just to add, they have sufficient and clean comfort room as well.

Plus, there are restaurants and fast food available inside like KFC, tokyo tokyo, leslie's and many more. If you brought a car and have it park in their parking area, get the receipt (should be at least 200php) and have it verified in the cashier of the restaurant where you buy food, when going home, show it to the exit booth so you won't have to pay the parking fee (50php) anymore.. :)

Here are some pictures inside the Sky Ranch...






Around 8pm when we decided to go back to the hotel. We just bought some food and liquor and ate it in the hotel.

The next morning, we went to the hotel's dining area and have our breakfast, although it takes a bit long for the food to be served as I think there were only 2 staff in the kitchen. The food was good that we ordered 8 extra rice and so we have to pay additional 20php per rice.. hahaha!

This is their dining area...




We leave the hotel by 12nn and went to try the Starbucks of Tagaytay (As if the taste was different.. haha!) but you'll surely love to sip some coffee while enjoying the view of Tagaytay...



We then go to the picnic grove and have some quiet time.. we rent a 'lona' for 50php so we can sit and lay on the grass. They have an entrance fee of 50php per person.





After a few hours, we decided to try the Tagaytay's famous dish which is the bulalo! We went to Mahogany Market as I heard that they were selling affordable but good bulalo dishes. We got a bulalo that's good for 4 person for 300php, then ordered some rice. For me, their bulalo was just ordinary and nothing really special, it just fit the cold weather as it was served in a food heater to keep it hot. I don't recommend eating in Mahogany Market, although the food was affordable and okay, there are many vendors that will sell you their products even though you were eating, some will insist even if you already said 'no'. It really annoys me. 

Before we head back to Manila, we buy some pasalubong.

All in all, I really had fun in our Tagaytay trip! .. I shall visit again next year! :)

Tipsss...
*I recommend staying in Daj Suites as it is really affordable plus they have good and clean facilities. Staff we're polite and very hospitable as well.

*For Sky ranch, they always have a promo of ride all you can in metrodeal unless you want to pay the fee per ride. (They only offer ride all you can in metrodeal/other group buying sites, not really offered for walk ins)


Thank you so much guys for reading! I hope you enjoyed and got some helpful information!

See you on my next posts! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment